Step 1: Separate Your Wi-Fi Network Name
First, you need to set up your Wi-Fi to Dual-band in order to be less susceptible to interference, and allows you to choose between the 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands when connecting a device. A Wi-Fi frequency of 5GHz is best when you are near your router, and 2.4GHz is best for when you are far from your router.
- Check the bottom of your router for a website or IP address, username, and password.
Below are details for a standard login based on a standard router issued by ISP (Telekom Malaysia, Maxis, and Time dot Com)
- Login to your account
- Identify your Wi-fi Settings (This could be in advanced settings)
- Identify both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz options.
- Split the signals by renaming the 2.4GHz and 5GHz signals respectively, and make sure both are enabled.
- For detailed instructions based on router model, on how to separate your Wi-Fi, click here and choose the option according to your ISP and router brand.
Step 2: Factory reset your Ultra Box by following the steps below.
a. Press the Home button on your remote
b. Go to your settings page
c. Scroll down and select Reset/Restore
d. Select restore factory settings and proceed
e. Enter your PIN to access restore factory settings (default pin: 0000)
f. Choose restore and wait until the box reboots automatically. This may take around 2 minutes and you will see the Astro logo again when it’s done.